windows media player

imstuck 13:06 11 Mar 2006

i recently downloaded windows media player 10 but i dont seem to be able to burn. Can anyone help?

GaT7 13:11 11 Mar 2006

This any help click here. G

meater 14:07 11 Mar 2006

Please can anybody tell me how I can put some music on an Email. I have tried to put a .wav file on but it takes a long time to load and a long time to open, and it was only 2.5MB. I had an Email sent to me Playing "In the Mood", and that opened at the normal speed. I have tried to WinZip a short file, but it does not reduce the size of the file very much. Not only that, I know you can reduce the size of text to suit going into the Email, but you can't seem to do it with a music file, also when I tried to put in some music it went to Windows Media Player, which I don't want it to do.
Any help with this problem will be appreciated.

BFN

meater

GaT7 14:20 11 Mar 2006

meater, it appears you've inadvertently posted your queries in someone else's thread.

Please start a FRESH thread. To do this: click here, then copy & paste your text above (incl the title) into the appropriate boxes at the bottom "Create new subject for discussion". Ta, G

imstuck 09:39 12 Mar 2006

i dont seem to have the burn facility with windows media player 10 does any one know if all i have to to do is enable it,if so how? Or does media player 10 not have this function

BRYNIT 10:08 12 Mar 2006

Have you followed the instructions in the link that Crossbow7 supplied.

When you open WM Player 10 click on burn you will not be able to burn anything until you have music in the burn list.

Also check that your CD/DVD-RW is listed in tools/options/devices.

imstuck 10:57 12 Mar 2006

when trying to place selected music in burn list a box appears saying 'this service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it

GaT7 14:02 12 Mar 2006

WMP10 > Tools > Options > Devices. Select your disk-writer & click on Properties. Click on the Recording tab & put a tick in 'Enable CD recording...", Apply, OK. Now try to burn.

If your disk-writer is not displayed above, try clicking the Add button & follow the wizard (not sure how this works though, as I tried it & nothing happens!)

If you have burning problems, try lowering the speed in the Recording tab (see above), &/or close any open windows/applications/browsers/etc - in other words, just burn & nothing else. G

imstuck 17:19 12 Mar 2006

Cheers for advice so far but following your instructions there is no recording tab to enable recording only rip options and playback options

Stuartli 18:15 12 Mar 2006

You can download a WMP Nero plug-in from the Microsoft website or the Nero/Ahead website free of charge.

By the way is your drive(s) listed in Devices (it takes a second or so before they are loaded)?

As crossbow7 points out its Properties should reveal the panel allowing Enabling or Disabling of Recording Using this Device from the Recording tab.

GaT7 19:47 12 Mar 2006

imstuck, this is what I mean - click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?