Windows Media Player

nutty boy 01:17 21 Aug 2004

Seem to have a problem when writing media files to CD.I create a music playlist in Windows Media Player 9 and run XP home.The player checks/converts and writes a playlist with no problem.When I play the CD either on the PC,home Hi-Fi or car the first few tracks are fine but then the sound drops off dramatically to the point of the CD will not play.Do I have a problem with the cd writer? Dirt on lens?Anyone had similar problem can help??Look forward to hearing from you.

Stuartli 09:26 21 Aug 2004

If there was dirt on the lens (most unlikely as drives are well sealed) the sound problem would exist from the start of a disk being played, not towards the end.

As a CD is read from the centre outwards, your problem might be that the rewriter's drive belt may be stretched or damaged and the problem manifests itself when higher rotation speeds are required.

It would cost more to have the drive checked out or repaired and, as new CD rewriters cost from around £20 these days, it would be easier to swap it for a new one.

goonerbill © ® 09:49 21 Aug 2004

one reason that you are having trouble is that the write speed may be to fast. go to tools > options > devices, then double click on the cd-rw and select the recording option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?