Windows Media Player 11 file sizes?

Clueless4 15:54 18 Sep 2007

Can anyone tell me how to find out the file size of a song in WMP11 or the combined size of a playlist?
In Wmp10 this was just given as standard but I cant find out how to get it on WMP11 and theres nothing in its glossary :(

alan2273 15:57 18 Sep 2007

Right click the file select properties and that will give you the file or folder size.

when in library>songs,thers a row of headings,title,artist etc
right click one and choose columns,put a tick in the checkbox file size

Clueless4 18:40 18 Sep 2007

Hi thanks for responding :)

Raven I cant follow your instructions as I cant find the row of headingd, sorry if this sounds cheeky, but are you sure your talking about WMP11 and not 10? Or am I just being stupid :P

alan2273, thanks but that only seems to work for each individual song, when i right click on a playlist file it just gives; Open, Play, Add to, Edit, Rename, Delete, File Location

But no Properties :(

Sorry if I sound ungrateful, I dont me to.

Clueless4 18:44 18 Sep 2007

Me again get it now Raven, sorry. The thing is I have found "Size" but there is no information on the list below it. Is this because I havent played those songs yet or because I transfered them from WMP10 and didnt download them after installing WMP11?
If it is how do I get round it?

Thanks again.

yep wmp11,
if your in the screen i think you are, there is a scroll sideways bar,scroll sideways and size will come into view.If not click on title

also when in choose columns,deselect columns you dont want,for easier view.

Clueless4 19:33 18 Sep 2007

Cheers Raven, why dont any of the songs have a value though? Also Im finding LOTS of songs that played on wmp10 wont play on wmp11. Any ideas? Sorry to be pain :)

check that you have file types checked for different audio formats.
click on library button(bottom of it)this then drops down,select more options,select file types check the ones to play ie wav,wma etc.
It might also be an idea to blast the library and reindex it.

reset library instructions
click here

rodc2 14:55 28 Sep 2007

thanks, decided to just rollback, really dont like wmp11. Thanks for helping though:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?