Windows media player 10/11 crashes and no sound

natc 14:38 06 Jan 2008

Hi everyone.

I am a bit useless with computers so pardon any rubbish explanations i may use!

Media player 11 used to work fine up until a month or 2 ago. It started crashing and freezing the screen. Unistalled and reinstalled, still the same problem. So i tried with Media player 10. Still the same problem. Whenever I play music, there is sound for a few seconds and then it crashes and if i try play again later, there is no sound at all! I am lost, dont know what I can do to resolve it, so frustrating.....can any1 help....please?

And while i was writing this, computer froze and deleted all my message so had to start again.....why does the computer freeze?!!

Thanks in advance.

Paul M 15:47 06 Jan 2008

If the computer froze while you were writing the posting then maybe Windows Media Player isn't the problem - did you add a program or make any changes just before the problem started a month or so ago, that might be causing it?

natc 17:04 06 Jan 2008

Thanks for the reply. I really cant remember if we have added a program or changed anything, i there a way to find out?

natc 17:38 06 Jan 2008

Ive been into the sound menu in control panel and none of the sounds work in there either.

natc 17:43 06 Jan 2008

The sound doesnt play through VLC or any other media player either. But they dont crash, its just the Media Player that crashes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017