windows media player 10

Blacki 17:20 20 Feb 2006

I just installed win xp pro on a pc that previously had Win ME. I loaded SP 2 and everything was working ok. I done all the updating as normal.
When i go to open windows media player, it goes so far, and then a error comes up saying that there was a problem with the download. and try and download it again.
i have tried this, but to no avcail. the pc is a dell dimension 4300.

jimity 17:30 20 Feb 2006

hi blacki,
i suspect that your langer input is too small for the beor interface,
i hope this helps.

spuds 18:03 20 Feb 2006

Blacki-- I had a similar problem. Tried various methods to re-install but no luck so far.Hope you have better luck.

mattyc_92 18:11 20 Feb 2006

"When i go to open windows media player, it goes so far, and then a error comes up saying that there was a problem with the download. and try and download it again."

Could you explain in more detail when you get this error?

Blacki 18:35 20 Feb 2006

When i click to open windows media player for the first time, i get a welcome screen.
I then click next. the next screen is a privacy options page. i again click next.
The following screen is the instalation options. I click finsih.
This is where i get the following error message. "windows media player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled. Do you wish to install player from microsoft website". Yes or no. I have tried to download from the website. but the same thing happens.

mattyc_92 18:39 20 Feb 2006

Try downloading from click here or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?