Windows Media Player 10

tony-guitar 23:47 05 Apr 2005

Hi guys.Can you answer this question for me? I currently have Media Player 9, with loads of songs listed. If i download v10 will i lose them all and have to start again. Micosoft keeps prompting me for the upgrade

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:52 05 Apr 2005

No. I upgraded from 9 to 10 and there was no problem. Set a system restore point before you do it though, just in case.

G

gudgulf 23:59 05 Apr 2005

No you wont lose anything by upgrading.....you might have to run the search for media function again to update the library but that should be all.It should keep all your settings when you update.Just create a restore point or do a full system backup....whatever you normally do,for peace of mind first.

Having said that I'm not sure what the benefits of media player10 over 9 are so you could just stick with what you know.Maybe someone out there will be able to tell you.

tony-guitar 00:05 06 Apr 2005

Thanks guys, its just that my daughter has just brought this mp3 player home that also supports .wma files (handy) and there are references to v10. I think i'll stick with what i've got first and see if works. I'll upgrade only if needed

Praxis99 10:58 06 Apr 2005

WM10 provides you with a cleaner and more intuitive interface with a specific tab for instance that deals with syncing your portable music content which you might find useful.

I carried out a trouble free upgrade last yr, all your likely to need to do is tell the newly upgraded player where your music (and any other media content) is stored and have it search for you, in addition to setting your player options to your own liking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?