Windows Media Centre Difficulties

The Funktopus 00:04 22 Sep 2006

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with Media Centre, and I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me. Basically I'm trying to add music into the library so that I can select and play it via the remote. The problem occurs in that I cannot seem to add my music. I'll follow the prescribed setup, in that I'll select the folders: My Documents > My Music > Albums. At this stage I'll then select the checkbox next to "Albums" as that's all I wish to add. I'll then click Next, and are then presented with a dialogue box to the effect of "Adding Music, you can either wait for Media Centre to add the music, or you can select OK to continue using Media Centre. This may slow down the process." After it's complete I'm taken back to the initial screen, and from there I'll try to play my files,only to be told I have to begin the process again. I've checked that the items are in a supported format (.mp3) and I'm not aware from either Media Centre or Media player of any licensing issues that may be causing this. I've also downloaded the latest updates for Media Centre, but to no avail.

Therefore, I was hoping someone out there had encountered a similar problem, and perhaps help me solve what is turning into a hair-tearing experience.

Many thanks, Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?