Windows media CenterFree or Trial

birdface 10:21 01 Mar 2011
Answered

Hi Just wondering if anyone can give us any information on whether Windows Media Center is free to use on new computers or whether it is only a trial period you get and then have to pay.
dms_05 has had problems with it being removed from his computer on this thread.

click here

I have the same problem as I know nothing about it so wondered if it is one of the trial versions that I can delete now instead of waiting for it to be deleted later.

bremner 10:25 01 Mar 2011

click here and you will see it is an integral part of W7

birdface 10:49 01 Mar 2011

Not sure if Netflix is part of it as that costs £8 a month.
Is it a matter of you have to pay for all programs on it or are some of them free to use.

Woolwell 10:53 01 Mar 2011

Netflix isn't part of Windows!

birdface 11:15 01 Mar 2011

So far it is Ok with me as I do not have a strong enough signal to pick up the digital programs.
So looks like more expense before I can use it.
Basically when downloaded it should stay on my computer and not be removed like what has happened to dms_05 on the click here.
Looks like it could be a while before I get up into the loft and put another aerial up.
Just had a few clips or stitches removed after being in hospital for a minor operation so maybe Ok by the end of the month to do it.
It is a T/V Monitor that I use so not sure whether there is something else I can use instead of an aerial.
Just a new computer 3 weeks old.

birdface 11:20 01 Mar 2011

Ok thanks.
It was mentioned on that click here from bremner so I thought it was a program that was downloaded with WMC .
Like I said tried opening WMC but as I am not connected digitally or just not a strong enough signal on my aerial I was unable to do so.

bremner 11:36 01 Mar 2011

I may have misunderstood but are you suggesting you could not open WMC because of an insufficient wireless signal?

birdface 11:37 01 Mar 2011

Ok looks like it is here to stay so my question has been answered.
Anyone else with any comments feel free to add them.
Will class as resolved and thanks for the answers to our problem.

birdface 11:40 01 Mar 2011

No I do not use wireless just an old TV aerial and when it tried to open freeview channels it could not find any as the signal is not strong enough to pick them up.

bremner 11:42 01 Mar 2011

I did misunderstand

birdface 11:48 01 Mar 2011
Answer

I should have added that although the TV/monitor is digital it will not pick up channels because of the poor aerial signal.
And when running WMC tv it said something about the lack of signal or something like that and could not continue.
I could get Freeview channels on the Tv/Monitor if the signal was strong enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017