Windows Media

haricot 15:10 08 Jan 2009

Can anyone offer assistance or explanation please

I press the Rip Button to begein to cope a Cd but nothing happens.

I used to be able to do so but must have done something to mess it up but I'm blowed if I know what !

If anyone can help I'd be obliged.

Thanks

MCE2K5 00:58 09 Jan 2009

Which Version Media Player are you using.

haricot 10:11 09 Jan 2009

Hi my 'ol mate. Tis good to hear from you again. I still remember and of course feel greatly obliged to you in particular and a couple of others for all the help you gave me last year when I "took on" the copying of my Vinyl Collection.

I'm not a natural when it come to "matters computer" as you well know and this problem is no doubt of my own making but I can't figure it out . I think I have Version 10 but I'm still trying to figure out where to look to make sure!
I dont remember downloading it as I think the chap who mended my computer did it after a huge
"c--- up" a while back,

The other strange thing is that , it is showing in my programmes but I cannot see it on my Control Panel ?

Why is that do you think and is it relevant? Has that got anything to do why I cannot get the Burn facility to work now.

I'm sorry to still appear to be a bit thick but i use my computer as a means to an end and should spend more time figuring out the "means".

Nice to hear from you again,

and thanks for coming on.

Ken

haricot 11:57 09 Jan 2009

Hey there David, I've just discovered something else (after getting bold and pushing a few buttons) the file says that MY Windows Media is a shortcut !
Even with my limited knowledge, am I not right in deducing that is why it 'aint working.
Can I get the proper version off of that or do I have to download again?

Is there a free version available do you know?

Cheers

Ken

haricot 10:51 10 Jan 2009

Hi again David. I've come back yet again B4 you reply because,having dragged myself away from what I usually do, I had another "mess around" and managed to get the thing to work after all.

I did in fact try another disc as a part of my attempt to make a compilation record to play in the car. That worked straight away, that is to say it started to Rip before I even clicked on the Rip Button. I then put the original disc back in,. ie the one that would'nt rip before and it kicked off ie ripped,after I ticked all the boxes.
The odd thing is , it Ripped in a Random order. Instead of 1 to 14 (no of tracks),it started at track 10 and went to 12 ,then went to track 5 to 9 ,13 and 14 then went back to 1 to 4 etc etc.
I dont mind that except to wonder why and because I can burn the tracks in whichever or whatever order I want on to my compilation disc.

So panic over , as they say , but thanks for listening and coming back. Much appreciated.

all the best
Ken

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?