Windows ME Service Pack

Cara2 18:58 18 May 2008

Have upgraded my Sage accounting software but get error message 'Windows ME service pack 3 is required'.

I gather Windows ME is no longer supported? Anything I can do?

Thanks
Cara

Fingees 19:10 18 May 2008

I don't believe ME had service packs, it wasn't out long enough.

Technotiger 19:17 18 May 2008

This is the Service Pack it is asking for ... click here

bluesbrother 19:21 18 May 2008

Have you had a look on the Sage web site? Your problem could be ME.
for example -
Sage Instant Accounts click here
'This product will not install or run on the Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows NT4 operating systems.'

Cara2 19:56 18 May 2008

Thanks for replies.

Flippin heck - did not check system requirements - did not think Windows ME is that out of date!

Technotiger, you have directed me to service pack for Windows 2000. Will that be okay for Windows ME?

Cara

Stokey 21:10 18 May 2008

There were not any service packs for Win ME.

Technotiger 21:12 18 May 2008

Will that be okay for Windows ME?

Yes - If you are running Microsoft Windows 2000, Me, 98 or 95, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Windows Installer. If needed there is a link to M'soft Win Installer within that link.

brundle 23:17 18 May 2008

The Service Pack is for Microsoft Office 2000, unlikely to make any difference to your situation.
What Sage software precisely, name and version number?

Technotiger 00:45 19 May 2008

This was from the software .......

My sincere apologies if I have given you wrong information - not being familiar with Sage software, I assumed that if it had asked for Service Pack3 for ME (I know there is no such thing) then there must be a reason for the software's request. So the nearest thing to that is the link I gave - perhaps someone else can explain the software's request ... ├četa, perhaps you can explain it?

pk46 00:54 19 May 2008

Think about upgrading your OS WME has not been supported for two years like W98 WME are unsafe
in this day and age.

BT 08:23 19 May 2008

When I was using ME you could get a CD from Microsoft with Updates on it. It was free and you could order it from the MS site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?