Windows ME internet access problem

maybeso 21:53 12 Nov 2005

when I click on my internet explorer icon the home page and dialer box appears and i get on the internet fine. when i come off the internet and click the icon again the dialer page comes up but the home page will not appear again until i restart the computor. when i log off the dialer page comes up twice without me pressing any keys. I have run spy botch, cleared the cookies,ran anti virus and deleted temp files but cannot cure promblem. anyone got any ideals.

Skyver 22:17 12 Nov 2005

Remove the internet connection/dial up info, reboot and re-install/set it up again.

maybeso 22:55 12 Nov 2005

Thanks Skyver I removed all the dial up information restarted and reset up from beginning but still have same problem

Skyver 22:57 12 Nov 2005

What do you see the second time? Page cannot be found etc? Does IE appear at all?

maybeso 23:01 12 Nov 2005

just the dial up connection box if i click it it connects me to the internet but i i have no internet explorer page

Skyver 23:02 12 Nov 2005

Even if you start IE from the Start Menu, after you've connected?

woodchip 23:08 12 Nov 2005

Are you using AOL?

VoG II 23:09 12 Nov 2005

Has it always done this? If not, System Restore.

maybeso 23:53 12 Nov 2005

When i connect a second time ie does not appear. i pressed control/alt and delete and it say CCAPP AND NSMDR NOT RESPONDING. This is a recent promblem i think i will reinstall tiscali broadband tomorrow and see if that cures it

VoG II 00:00 13 Nov 2005

ccapp is Norton, I suspect that the other is as well. I would ditch Norton and install AVG click here and Zone Alarm click here - both free.

maybeso 18:34 13 Nov 2005

re-installed tiscali broadband but made no difference still the same problem do you think it could be the norton firewall? bwdelay seems to appear under tasks as well what is this and how do i stop it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?