Windows Me

gingo 13:52 29 Jan 2008

Windows Me

Hi. Help! I have an old computer loaded with Windows Me. Ok it's old but I like it. Problem is I was to go to Broadband. Will it take it?
Also I can't get to sign on to ebay it won't let me sign on to anything, so is there anything I can do?
I have even an older computer which I am using now this one is also Windows Me but it's so so slow. Any suggestions?
What is the best new computer under £500

stylehurst 13:54 29 Jan 2008

Have a look at Novatech for a new computer, you could purchase just the Tower, & re use your existing monitor & speakers. Suggest you opt for XP rather than Vista

gingo 14:05 29 Jan 2008

Hi stylehurst thanks for the advice.

DieSse 14:21 29 Jan 2008

"Problem is I was to go to Broadband. Will it take it?"

Almost certainly it'll be OK. What processor/RAM does it have?

"Also I can't get to sign on to ebay it won't let me sign on to anything, so is there anything I can do?"

What happens exactly, when you try to?

gingo 14:39 29 Jan 2008

Problem is that when I try to sign on to ebay or anything else it just comes up with page not available. I can view ebay but cant sign on.

gingo 14:41 29 Jan 2008

I don't know what ram it has how do I find out?

colberly 14:48 29 Jan 2008

I am still using ME on this 8 yr old PC along with broadband, no problems. I have just bought a new laptop with Vista, but tend to revert to this one, an old Packard Bell,it has so many programmes that I know won't work with Vista and I want to keep them. Find I have no problems signing on to e bay with my PB oldie, so can't help there, sorry.

DieSse 14:53 29 Jan 2008

You mean you enter a name and password, and it's not rejected, but you do get a "page not found" error?

And the same for this site too?

DieSse 14:54 29 Jan 2008

Download and run Everest click here it'll tell you a myriad details about your system.

citadel 18:22 29 Jan 2008

I would get rid of me and get new hard drive and a oem copy of xp. there are no windows updates for me now.

woodchip 18:25 29 Jan 2008

I use Win98se with TalkTalk BB no poroblems 512Mb ram a AMD Athlon xp 1600+ as my main computer though I have a XP Desktop and XP Laptop. so yours should work ok if you cannot get into sites try turning firewall off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017