Windows Mail x 2 Users

skidzy 17:51 19 Nov 2007

Hi everyone.

Small issue that has me bugged.

Vista HP setup with two users.

Windows mail is setup for both users on there accounts with there own email addy.

Problem i have here,is both users accounts are receiving both lots of emails,i would like each account to receive there own emails if possible.

As usual,all advice and ideas welcome and greatly appreciated.

TIA
Skidzy

anskyber 19:29 19 Nov 2007

Hmm. My understanding was that any email account which has the same part of the address after the @ would go to the first box (whatever the prefix eg dori.barker or fre.barker) which opened it.

Mt other understanding is that if separate Vista accounts were set up for different users (thats Vista accounts not email accounts) then provided the email accounts where created after that they should go to individual boxes.

I could be wrong and later tonight when I have more time I'm dredge around to see what I can find.

skidzy 19:36 19 Nov 2007

Cheers anskyber

Basically we have 2 user accounts both fully elevated under admin.

The email addresses are not alike but both with Wanadoo as it should be.

Ive tinkered around no end now,but for the life of me cannot stop my emails going into her inbox and vice versa.

Im sure its just a tick somewhere im missing Lol.

Each user account has its email address as default,maybe this is the problem but i dont see where.

Confused yet !!! not as much as me ! :-))

anskyber 20:35 19 Nov 2007

Not finished yet but I think message rules can do the job, still thinking though. click here

anskyber 20:48 19 Nov 2007

Yes, I have not created message rules myself but I do recall that by creating the rules and sending mail with specific wording like dori.barker to specific files which have to be created then they can be separated.

Sorry it's a bit vague.

skidzy 20:58 19 Nov 2007

Got bored with it tonight but will have a bash tomorrow,i had taken a look but i dont think this is the problem but will try.

Cheers anskyber

SANTOS7 21:10 19 Nov 2007

Hey skidz, you in bovver mate, not aufait with vista but you may have email forwarding for your own email address, anything that goes to your email also goes to the other account...

skidzy 21:21 19 Nov 2007

Cheers me ol mucker will check that out too.Ive tinkered so much now i may have messed it up completely Lol :-)))

Not the end of the world though,i can always delete the accounts and start from scratch again.

To be honest Santos,WM is not a lot of different to OE anyway,so should be something simple...probably is and me looking for the difficult route.

Cheers again Santos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?