Windows Mail with Vista on Googlemail

B.J. 22:41 09 Mar 2008

Can anybody help please ? I cannot use Windows Mail.I don't think I'm setting it up right. We are living in a caravan for about 12 months and we are using the caravan site's wifi connection, which is great using GoogleMail,no problem but if Windows Mail was set up I could contact people direct from their own web sites without having to come back to GoogleMail. Can somebody advise please ? BJ.

Ashrich 22:46 09 Mar 2008

click here

Ashley

Ashrich 22:48 09 Mar 2008

and click here

Ashley

B.J. 09:05 10 Mar 2008

Thank's Ashrich I've just spent an hour or so trying..........but no good. Tonight when I've got more time I'll give it another go.....and will report any solution when I crack it ! Thank's again. B.J.

Ashrich 18:13 10 Mar 2008

Forgot to say , go to Googlemail , log in , and in the appropriate section , tick the box to allow Googlemail to send it via pop3 . Log in , then click on " settings " ( top right ) , then on the " forwarding and pop/imap " tab , and you can take it from there !!

Ashley

B.J. 08:17 11 Mar 2008

Done it.Thank's to you ! What a great forum. Always someone there to help.Yes I can see it's easy now I know ! Thank's again Ashrich.
B.J.

Ashrich 09:00 11 Mar 2008

Good to hear that BJ , can you tick the thread as solved !!

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?