Windows Mail Default Language

Mad Mick 14:27 05 Jul 2008

I am using Windows Live Mail as my email programme. I am trying to find a way to set the default language to English UK but Microsoft does not seem to give this option. Every time I send an email Windows Mail runs a spell check and trys to get me to change to English (US) spelling.

I am running Vista Home Premium and using Word 2007 as my email editor with the language set to English (UK).

Can anyone help me please?

Mad Mick 15:05 05 Jul 2008

Thank you Marg7. I opened C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\Proof\prf0009\2 and the folder is empty.

Mad Mick 15:21 05 Jul 2008

Finally got to the spell.ini file and tried to save it but an error message comes up telling me that i should check that the path and file name are correct. Any ideas?

Is there a special format for this file to be saved as?

Mad Mick 15:38 05 Jul 2008

I tried deleting the spell.ini file and saving it with the new settings and it refued to let me save the file in the same location so I had to recover it from the recycle bin.

Doesn't Microsoft make things difficult!!!

lotvic 15:38 05 Jul 2008

^

Mad Mick 16:20 05 Jul 2008

I have given up and reverted to Windows mail whilst I look into alternative email programmes.

Thanks to all who helped with this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie