Windows lve mail

Andsome 12:40 05 Sep 2009

I am trying out Windows live mail. When I open it up, all new messages arrive OK. When it is already open however, I cannot see where to click to check for new messages which may be waiting on the server. What am I missing? There is no send/receive button as in Outlook Express. I have sent an e mail to MS about this apparent omission, and received an automated reply with an incident number. I saved this in My Documents. However, when I click on it to open it, the actual message flashes up for an instant and then a web page opens, and I can no longer see the incident number. Are MS deliberately trying to annoy us?

mfletch 12:46 05 Sep 2009

Right click at the top then click on toolbar

VoG II 12:49 05 Sep 2009
  Newuser939 12:52 05 Sep 2009

In my Windows LiveMail, the old Send/Receive now seems to be called "Sync"

mfletch 12:55 05 Sep 2009

Sorry my reply is for Windows mail.

Try right click at the top then customize toolbar

A window will open with options add or remove what you want or don't want

Andsome 13:01 05 Sep 2009

There is nothing to click on at the top, and no way that I can see to customes any tool bars. I still think MS are out to annoy us.

mfletch 13:05 05 Sep 2009

Can you see

File/Edit/View/Tools/Actions/Help

At the top

Click on view customize toolbar

VoG II 13:08 05 Sep 2009
  Andsome 13:09 05 Sep 2009

I have checked that and found CUSTOMISE, but there is nothing in there which says check for new mail

mfletch 13:11 05 Sep 2009

In mine there is a "send and receive" option

Andsome 13:17 05 Sep 2009

Are you sure that you are talking about Windows live mail. I have a send button in new mail but no where can I see a receive new mail button. I can set the program to check for new messages every so many minutes, but NO WHERE can I click on receive all as I could in Outlook express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017