Windows Live Update

Ventad 09:44 11 Nov 2009

Just had a phone call from Aussie, Brothe in law says he cant get on Messenger as there is a live update available. This he does then another screen comes up after with about 27 full paragraphs refering to accounts payments etc. saying this agreement was last updated Sept 2008.

He is worried that he is agreeing to some type of payment either now or in the future, I can not remember any thing like this. ideas anyone

birdface 09:53 11 Nov 2009

Messenger is free and this is the latest version.

click here

Maybe get him to run Malwarebytes free version just in case he has a nastie on board.

Ventad 10:03 11 Nov 2009

Thanks I realise it is free

the closest agreement I can find to the one he is talking about is click here

which is just I think the standard agreement but para 23 refers to payments and this frightens him a bit. he is loathe to accept incase it locks him in to something in the future.

birdface 10:40 11 Nov 2009

Yes it looks like some extra things you may use that have to pay for.
But as long as you don't use any of them and you have not created a billing account you should be Ok.
I can see why he is worried it is a bit complicated.
Does he actually pay for any of those extra services.
Best waiting until someone else can give you the information that you require.
Could it be some sort of scam.

Ventad 10:45 11 Nov 2009

Thanks,
No he does not pay for any services. I contacted some body else in aussie and they have had an update as well but nothing like that he says, but he is a 15year old so he probally had a quick look and agreed. As I said, I think it is a normal agreement put on screen a different way.

Ventad 18:05 11 Nov 2009

Bump, anyone else got this when updating
live messenger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone