Windows Live Photo Gallery

douglas1973 19:17 29 Dec 2009

I am using Windows 7 Professional and am unable to email images to send in Outlook 2007. When I select a photo (or photos) in Windows Live Photo Gallery and click E-Mail Outlook freezes and in the process of unfreezing (Control + ALT+ DELETE) I receive the following message:

"The operation failed because of network or other communications problems. Verify the connection and try again".

When this happens I am connected to the internet. Does anybody else have the same problem? Does anybody know how to fix it?

Technotiger 20:23 29 Dec 2009

"the operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again"
I was having the same problem...
1. I tried to replace normal.dot and it didn't work
2. I then tried to delete registry key related to NAV and it didn't work either
3. what worked for me at the end was fixing this OLE problem:

Open the "run" command:
Start->Run:
Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

I hope this helps....

douglas1973 19:44 30 Dec 2009

Thanks Technotiger. I have done as you have instructed and the following came up:

RegSVR32

The module "D:\Windows\System 32\Ole32.dll" was loaded but the call to D||RegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

D is my main drive in which Windows 7 Professional 32 bit is installed.

Technotiger 19:59 30 Dec 2009

I am afraid, I am unable to give you any positive advise, other than to try the search as suggested.

I am still using XP, so have no actual Win7 experience.

However, having said that, have you tried running a Repair of Win7, might in your case just be a glitch within the OS or the Registry.

douglas1973 18:51 19 Jan 2010

The problem has corrected itself. Thanks everyone.

Technotiger 20:54 19 Jan 2010

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?