windows live onecare backup

lovelylel 20:05 26 Apr 2006

Since installing Windows Live Onecare I have been religiously backing up to an external HD via USB. Recently I noticed that the Onecare screen showed a backup had not yet been done, so I did another, now I have 2 backups on the HD. When I tried deleting the first, it would not work as the files were protected. Tried the Onecare Live site for help, it said -

Click Start, and then click My Computer.
Double click the icon for your external hard disk.
Right-click the folder and then click Properties.
Click the Security tab. This is where I hit a problem - there is no Security tab!!
Under Groups or user names, click either Administrators or your user name. Well I can't get this far so the rest of the advice is not applicable.
Click to select the Allow check box for the Full Control entry under Permissions for Administrators or Permissions for username.
Click Apply.

With no Security tab I'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas? Don't want to have my 2 backups on the HD as it will use up the memory too fast, my husband is using the same HD for his laptop backup. Thanks in anticipation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?