Windows live Messenger.

birdface 22:25 16 Mar 2010

I am having trouble logging on to Windows Live Messenger e-mail.
Windows live mail.
I can log onto messenger but the e-mail program has stopped working for some reason.
I have tried repairing Windows live essentials but still no e-mail appears.

Can anyone open this.

click here

It only shows as a blank page to me lets hope my e-mail sign in details are not on it.

Now it is not essential that I get it fixed as I can get in going another route.
And it is not my main e-mail provider.
Just it is not working that annoys me.

Sea Urchin 22:29 16 Mar 2010

Opens fine here - and rest assured it's not your details I see but the log in for my Hotmail account.

johnnyrocker 22:36 16 Mar 2010

ditto here

johnny

birdface 22:39 16 Mar 2010

Ok thanks.I use windows firewall in W/7 so will check with that first.
Thanks for getting back to me.

birdface 23:56 16 Mar 2010

Yup cannot find the problem.
Checked Windows Firewall and A Squared and AVG but nothing being stopped in any of them.
All I get is a small square near the top of the page which is blank with a dot in the middle.
I would normally say A Flash problem but I have the latest one downloaded.
Mind you I removed Silverlight about 3 weeks ago so not sure if that is needed or not.

birdface 08:54 17 Mar 2010

Yes I have it set to remove all of those when I close I/E8.
Not sure if it is anything to do with Silverlight though but I would not have thought so.

birdface 09:14 17 Mar 2010

Sign in to Windows Live ID website.
I can go there and sign in.
You could be right about the cookie problem as I did remove a couple when using AVG about a fortnight ago.
But they usually come back when you reboot.
i will try running AVG again and see if it still finds them.
I have noticed on the Messenger websites that I do receive a box with a red dot in the middle in
place of a picture I presume.

birdface 09:24 17 Mar 2010

Yes AVG found 3 tracking cookies Atdmt and as far as I know they are something to do with W/messenger but even if it removes them they are usually back with the next reboot.
I don't usually scan for tracking cookies but did so about a fortnight ago so maybe that is where the problem starts.

birdface 15:25 18 Mar 2010

Ok uninstalled Windows Live essentials from add remove then reinstalled it and have Live mail back again.

birdface 08:43 19 Mar 2010

Since reinstalling Windows Live essentials i just noticed that it also includes Windows Live Call Is this something new as I never noticed it before as I always opened Messenger from the Screen Icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017