Windows live Messenger.

birdface 22:25 16 Mar 2010

I am having trouble logging on to Windows Live Messenger e-mail.
Windows live mail.
I can log onto messenger but the e-mail program has stopped working for some reason.
I have tried repairing Windows live essentials but still no e-mail appears.

Can anyone open this.

click here

It only shows as a blank page to me lets hope my e-mail sign in details are not on it.

Now it is not essential that I get it fixed as I can get in going another route.
And it is not my main e-mail provider.
Just it is not working that annoys me.

Sea Urchin 22:29 16 Mar 2010

Opens fine here - and rest assured it's not your details I see but the log in for my Hotmail account.

johnnyrocker 22:36 16 Mar 2010

ditto here

johnny

birdface 22:39 16 Mar 2010

Ok thanks.I use windows firewall in W/7 so will check with that first.
Thanks for getting back to me.

birdface 23:56 16 Mar 2010

Yup cannot find the problem.
Checked Windows Firewall and A Squared and AVG but nothing being stopped in any of them.
All I get is a small square near the top of the page which is blank with a dot in the middle.
I would normally say A Flash problem but I have the latest one downloaded.
Mind you I removed Silverlight about 3 weeks ago so not sure if that is needed or not.

birdface 08:54 17 Mar 2010

Yes I have it set to remove all of those when I close I/E8.
Not sure if it is anything to do with Silverlight though but I would not have thought so.

birdface 09:14 17 Mar 2010

Sign in to Windows Live ID website.
I can go there and sign in.
You could be right about the cookie problem as I did remove a couple when using AVG about a fortnight ago.
But they usually come back when you reboot.
i will try running AVG again and see if it still finds them.
I have noticed on the Messenger websites that I do receive a box with a red dot in the middle in
place of a picture I presume.

birdface 09:24 17 Mar 2010

Yes AVG found 3 tracking cookies Atdmt and as far as I know they are something to do with W/messenger but even if it removes them they are usually back with the next reboot.
I don't usually scan for tracking cookies but did so about a fortnight ago so maybe that is where the problem starts.

birdface 15:25 18 Mar 2010

Ok uninstalled Windows Live essentials from add remove then reinstalled it and have Live mail back again.

birdface 08:43 19 Mar 2010

Since reinstalling Windows Live essentials i just noticed that it also includes Windows Live Call Is this something new as I never noticed it before as I always opened Messenger from the Screen Icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?