Windows Live Mail - Unable to read email

Pastor Joe 23:06 05 Nov 2007

I've been using Outlook Express for years, however it will no longer accept new email accounts so I moved to Windows Live Mail. Loved it to bits, easy, fast, friendly. Everything I wanted.

Then the first Microsoft windows update came down and I could no longer read my email. Sure it still came down all right and I could read the titles but no content, just empty emails, even those I'd read before.

So I uninstalled Live mail and went back to Outlook Express. Still not happy so I reinstalled Live Mail again. I could read the messages once more! Until... The next update from Microsoft arrived and here we go again. Headers only, no content.

If I go to hotmail via IE7 I can read them OK but in Live Mail the emails are empty.

Any Ideas?

pepa31 14:27 06 Nov 2007

dont quote me on this but id try a sytem restore that s what id try

Pastor Joe 23:31 06 Nov 2007

Yes but next time an update comes down I'll loose it again. Happened 3 times in the past month.

And what's the point of doing an update if the next thing you have to do is do a restore to before the update?

I was really asking if anyone else had had this problem and found a proper solution.

brundle 23:37 06 Nov 2007

If you haven't already tried, click here
and type `blank` in the Search box. There are a few suggestions to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?