windows live mail, sending problems

philmurg 20:00 28 Nov 2014
Answered

pc running windows 7 home, was using old version of Windows Live Mail. Receiving email fine, but wont send a new email, it will show in the sent items folder, but never arrives.

However, if you reply to an email, it will send and reach its destination.

I have tried to repair, I have downloaded the 2012 version, all microsoft updates are up to date.

I have exported the email messages, removed the account and set it up from scratch, still the same

any ideas out there???

philmurg 20:21 28 Nov 2014

Its a neighbours PC, ive tried sending to my own email, it only works when replying.

It is a Tiscali.co.uk email address, which is what I have as well, so I have double checked the settings on my own machine and can confirm they are OK

I have also been onto the talktalk webmail and sent new email from his account, so its definitely something on the machine

philmurg 20:24 28 Nov 2014

also tried sending to my gmail, same result

philmurg 20:25 30 Nov 2014

Its not a settings issue if it was then messages sent via "reply" would also be effected

Just to recap, incoming email works fine A new outgoing message shows in the sent items box, but never arrives. A reply to an incoming message works fine

repaired and reinstalled the program, checked the firewall

im stuck

going to try another email program any good ones out there apart from Thunderbird?

philmurg 10:34 06 Dec 2014
Answer

Replaced Windows live mail with Thunderbird

Problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache