Windows Live Mail problem

dms_05 09:45 21 May 2011

I'm trying WLM but have a problem when using Compose to send emails. Although my text appears correct when it's received it always includes a '?' as the very first character (in both Plain Text and HTML). I've checked I have no unseen initial characters in my Composed message. If I send a completely empty message then the '?' is still shown. Anyone any idea what's happening?

Sea Urchin 09:54 21 May 2011

Have you downloaded Internet Explorer 9? This bug seems to be related to that - only answer at present go back to IE8 or use another mail program

dms_05 11:23 21 May 2011

Thanks for the quick response. I have downloaded IE9 but I don't use it (my default browser/email clint is Opera). I was looking for a secondary email client as a backup in case Opera has a problem and IE9+WLM seemed an option. Never mind - lots of other alternatives. It's a real pity MS can't seem to make anything that is bug free. I'll try Firefox+Thunderbird instead.

Sea Urchin 18:10 22 May 2011

The fact you don't use IE9 makes no difference - if you have it downloaded on your system it will cause that bug. Uninstall and return to IE8 to sort the problem. You still don't need to use IE8.

By the way you can change your email client without changing your browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?