Windows Live Mail Problem

gloops1 16:23 27 May 2010

I can't get this program to import my mail? I have opened a second accout and It still will not respond????

It will if I 'sync' everytime but not unless??

Why do we keep having to accept crap when the old (O.E.) worked just fine?????

Quiet Life 16:29 27 May 2010

Join the club! Tried various programs like Thunderbird which was not that bad but ended up with Outlook as I had a copy and that is OK.

Pineman100 16:44 27 May 2010

So clicking the "sync" button is just exhausting you, is it?

Oh dear.

gloops1 18:15 01 Jun 2010

You always get ONE don't you!

mfletch 18:25 01 Jun 2010

What do you mean by import your mail

Do you mean your contacts or download your mail from the net!

Check your firewall settings

gloops1 19:57 01 Jun 2010

I mean just straight forward mail downloads bud. The program doesn't download my mail at all ...unless I use the 'synk'???????

tullie 20:03 01 Jun 2010

I use windows live daily with no problems.

Ikelos 20:07 01 Jun 2010

who is your email with, I am with BT and have 5 email addresses, and it all works fine, as soon as I click,mail, all emails go into their own folders.

I set each one up as I went along.....

Sea Urchin 22:28 01 Jun 2010

"The program doesn't download my mail at all ... unless I use the 'synk'???????"

Have you told the program that you want to download mail automatically? Go to Tools - Options - General tab - and under "Send/Receive Messages" tick the box beside "Send and receive messages at startup". If you want you can also check the box beside "Check for new messages every xx minutes". Click Apply and OK.

By the way - it was exactly the same in OE.

gloops1 15:53 02 Jun 2010

Well blow me down and call me shorty Sea Urchin! Now I an't done that, but now I have ans we will see if'n it works the next time shipmate!

I have been juggling between this program and 'Monzilla' I have changed a couple of times and was shure that my mail came down automatically the first time I installed this gizmo ..... anyways we will soon see what happens here.

Thanks buddy! (:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache