Windows Live Mail problem

hawthorn59 05:01 03 Mar 2010

Hi

Ive already posted about this but there wasnt a solution so I decided to try Windows Live Mail Help. In order to post my problem I had to create a Windows Live ID and MSN account. I had to agree to a service agreement which I dont know anything about. I read it and there was a lot of mention of contract and payment. I know not what this refers to so I gave up and Im back here in the hope that someone this time might have a solution. Here is the problem again:

I cannot click on links in Windows Live Mail email messages. I also cannot open help or click anything in the help menu. I get:

"There was a problem sending a command to the program"

If I change my default browser to IE the problem disappears. But when I select Firefox it returns.

Its a brand new laptop with Win 7 installed. When I googled it, the problem appears to be widespread. Please help!

h

blazingbadger 08:55 03 Mar 2010

it is because Firefox does not recognize Active x I found this trying to watch a video lat year of the shuttle landing When I switched to IE it works

blazingbadger 08:56 03 Mar 2010

Assuming your browser is Firefox

Sea Urchin 11:31 03 Mar 2010

Why not stick to your same thread - you have not marked the other one as resolved so have two threads running on the same subject.

Are you running ZoneAlarm by any chance - if not which firewall do you have?

hawthorn59 15:34 03 Mar 2010

Sorry about the 2 threads, I'll mark the other one.
I dont have Zone Alarm; I presume its the Windows 7 firewall.

If active x is the problem is there a solution? And is this problem only with Windows Live Mail or Windows 7? Because with Vista and Windows Mail it was never a problem.

thanks

h

Sea Urchin 18:53 03 Mar 2010

Firefox does not support ActiveX technology - but you could try downloading the Mozilla ActiveX Control to Firefox - it may be the answer.

click here

hawthorn59 19:22 09 Mar 2010

Hi

I found a solution, for me anyway, so just thought Id share it.

i simply uninstalled Firefox and re-installed it and its working perfectly.

thanks guys

h

johnnyrocker 21:16 09 Mar 2010

no tick in either forum, obviously just a taker of info?

johnny

hawthorn59 00:40 10 Mar 2010

Just waiting in case anyone replied thanking me for the solution.....! btw I dont understand "either forum".

Thanks again to those who did help (not the last poster...)!

h

sputnick 09:43 11 Jan 2011

So what if anyones just a taker of info, thats what forums are for.
Inexperienced users can`t be expected to contribute.
Everyone knows a little of something that might be useful on the forums but might not feel comfortable posting in case they are ridiculed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache