Windows Live Mail Problem

ds7183 12:12 22 Feb 2010

Hi I have been using WLM for about 18 months and run 3 email accounts through it. Suddenly 1 of them has stopped working, comes up with an error message

Unable to send or receive messages for the Euromed.ltd (dianestamper) (1) account. Header download for the 'Euromed' folder did not complete. The connection to the server has failed.

Server Response:
Server: 'mail.concatenogroup.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 143
Secure(SSL): No

This has been checked by the group's IT department who cannot find a fault with them. I can log on to the group and the email account is working correctly through that but not through WLM. Any suggestions please?

Woolwell 12:36 22 Feb 2010

0x800CCC0E click here means that it cannot connect to the server to retrieve your e-mails. This is usually because the server is down.
Can you confirm that you can send/receive e-mails by webmail and other ways than Windows Live Mail. If that is the case then I would check the settings as something must have changed (perhaps the settings required to access the server - port, authentication, etc.)

ds7183 17:23 22 Feb 2010

Thank you Woolwell but I can confirm I can send/receive emails by webmail etc other than WLM. All the settings have been checked numerous times and in fact it started to work for 3 days last week with no change at all and then it stopped again??

Woolwell 17:57 22 Feb 2010

For some reason it cannot access the server. Have you tried with firewall off temporarily?

I note that it is IMAP. Can you access it from another location?

the1andonlyplug 20:06 22 Feb 2010

My Hotmail account has been blocked from sending mails, the new way to contact them through is very confusing, i've left 4 messages so far asking for my account to be reinstated but not even had a response!
I'm changing to AOL or Yahoo mail instead, at least you can contact them easier if you have a problem.

ds7183 00:02 23 Feb 2010

Hi Woolwell
Yes I can access it from another location and I will try it with the firewall off and see what happens.

ds7183 00:10 23 Feb 2010

I have tried it with the firewall off and it is the same??

Woolwell 11:34 23 Feb 2010

The only thing that I can suggest, and it is a bit of a long shot, is to delete the account in Windows Live Mail and recreate it.

ds7183 12:19 23 Feb 2010

Yes, I think I may try that and thank you for helping. I'll let you know the outcome.

ds7183 13:10 23 Feb 2010

Hi Woolwell

I have tried recreating the account in WLM and have the same result unfortunately - baffled!!

Woolwell 13:36 23 Feb 2010

Likewise!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017