Windows Live Mail problem

kimtrnc 07:28 22 Nov 2009

I am about to move from my trusty XP machine to a nice new Win7 machine. I know that I won't be able to use OE any more (why the h**l not, MS?)and I can't live without my email. So I take MS advice and download WLM...only it won't install.
There is an error message which just says it can't install, but I should try again. Which I have done, several times, with the same result?
Anyone else have, or better still, solved, the problem?

Technotiger 09:16 22 Nov 2009

I believe if you also have Office 2007, this will still include OE.

Technotiger 09:18 22 Nov 2009

Or - you could use Incredimail, like wot I do!!

I have never used Outlook or Outlook Express ever!!

JessicaD42 15:03 23 Nov 2009

Kimtrnc,
Just backup your Outlook Express files and then import them into Windows Live mail after completion of the XP to Windows 7 migration. Also, p lease note that when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 you will not have an "in place upgrade" option. You will however have the option to select "custom" install when prompted. The Windows 7 install process will then copy all of your data in "My Documents" over to a Windows.old folder within Windows 7 itself. All applications and documents stored in other locations will have to be reinstalled / transferred manually.
For more information on the Windows 7 Upgrade, please go here: click here

For additional assistance with the migration of Windows XP to Windows 7, please go here: click here

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?