Windows live mail opens itself?

Blackhat 16:50 03 Dec 2010

A couple of times recently when my desktop had booted up Windows live mail has opened itself?

Using windows 7, 64 bit.

I always clean my mail with Mailwasher before opening Windows live mail so I certainly do not want to be receiving junk when I go out of my way to stop it.

I have looked in as many places as I can to see if there is a setting allowing WLM to open at start up but cannot find anything. Annoyingly it is an intermittent problem.

Any suggestions?

birdface 17:14 03 Dec 2010

If you have Windows messenger installed stop that running at start up.
or check in msconfig and untick it if it is on there.

Blackhat 17:23 03 Dec 2010

Windows messenger not installed & not in start up

If it was a setting option it would happen every boot up, it is intermittent, I do virus and spyware checks regularly and rarely find anything, nothing found on scans for weeks.

birdface 17:41 03 Dec 2010

Sorry I meant you to look for W/L/mail in msconfig.
Normally it is set to check for new mail every 10 minutes or so.
Just checked mine.It is set for every 10 minutes but if you do not leave it open you should not get updates.
So something not right.

Blackhat 17:59 03 Dec 2010

Thanks for response, not in msconfig. I only manually open W/L/Mail a couple of times a week on this pc so for it to open itself I would normally think of an infection but all clean at the moment.

This is not the only issue I have had since buying new pc with Windows 7, other things have happened at boot up such as disc check auto running but that has bean dealt with and is a common issue.

rdave13 18:09 03 Dec 2010

Running two PCs Win 7 and installed it on a few other PCs. No issues with disk check auto running on boot. Can you give a link to show that it is a common fault? Ta.

Blackhat 18:28 03 Dec 2010

Just a few others that had the same problem.
click here=

birdface 00:01 04 Dec 2010

You are pointing at chkdsk running at start up.is that the problem that you are getting.
If so my problem was the screen resolution was not set properly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?