Windows Live Mail Intermittent Fault

chestnutcake 21:03 19 Nov 2010

Hi

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and recently an intermittent fault has occurred. When trying to open a new email - and to my surprise, when going back into sent emails and trying to re-read them, a message panel comes up.

Windows Live Mail

A problem occurred while trying to open this message.

A problem has occurred

Please try again.

[Don't know why the message was repeated in this error panel ]

So peculiar because it does not happen every time, no set pattern. I click O.K. on this message and try again and perhaps at the third or fourth attempt, the email opens. Sometimes, I right click to get the drop down panel and click on the top option OPEN, this works at times and does not at others.

I always eventually manage to open the emails but am curious as to why this should now happen even more so because it is only intermittently.

Has anyone any ideas please?

Sea Urchin 21:56 19 Nov 2010

This problem can occur if you try to open a message before the WLM program has fully opened. The latest version of WLM takes longer to open than earlier versions. See if the fault disappears if you wait a little longer before opening a message.

chestnutcake 22:15 19 Nov 2010

Thanks Sea Urchin

Am of to shut-eye now, but will certainly have a try of your suggestion in the morning.

chestnutcake 19:50 20 Nov 2010

Hi again Sea Urchin

Yes, your solution has solved the problem - I am very impressed. Thank you so much.

Best Wishes

Sea Urchin 21:12 20 Nov 2010

Great to hear that worked for you - thanks for the feedback.

I have heard that running CCleaner - both Cleaner and Registry Cleaner - can improve the situation, but I can't vouch for that myself. If you don't already use it download from here:

click here

It's a good program to have anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?