Windows Live Mail has encountered a problem

cyberphobic 08:25 12 Jan 2011

I've had Windows Live Mail on my desktop PC for several years without any problems, but a couple of days ago, when I opened it I got the following message - "Windows Live Communication Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I then get a second message saying " Sorry, something unexpected happened, Windows Live Mail must now close" I have had a good look around for a solution, and it seems that this is a common problem, but there is no agreement as to what the best solution is. Can anyone help please?

northumbria61 17:15 12 Jan 2011

Try this as a short term fix - click here

cyberphobic 08:36 13 Jan 2011

Msny Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately that setting was already selected, so I still have the problem

northumbria61 12:31 13 Jan 2011

It could simply be down to an update. Have you had a look at the Microsoft website for a solution?

dogbreath1 12:48 13 Jan 2011

Download the latest Windows Live installer.

For XP click here

There is an alternative version for Vista & Windows 7.

Run the installer and opt to install just the programs you want. Say, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail etc..

This will essentially repair install Windows Live Mail without changing your existing config and email account details.

Worked for me.

Good luck.

db.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017