Windows Live Mail-contacts list problem

Grandad99 19:01 18 May 2014

Just gone from XP with Outlook Express to Windows 7 with Windows Live Mail.

I make regular use of several contact lists and in OE if one of the contacts was not a valid address I was given the option to delete it, after which the message was sent to everyone else.

Just hit a problem with WLM - it just says "one or more have no or invalid address" and refuses to send the message.

My problem is how can I identify the problem address? All I can think of is to send a separate e-mail to every contact and see which one is rejected. Hopefully someone may know a quicker way

Absolutely no help on any Microsoft site, in fact I can't find one that includes WLM - still stuck on OE.

Woolwell 20:04 18 May 2014

WLM is probably stating that one email address is not in the right format or that there is no ; between emails. It cannot know if the email address is incorrect if it is in the right format.

Grandad99 20:28 18 May 2014

Possibly, but OE told me which one was wrong. Can WLM do this?

I can't check for a missing ; between e-mails as I use bcc (and WLM stops before getting that far anyway)

Woolwell 20:30 18 May 2014

Between email addresses I meant - Sorry. BCC shouldn't make any difference.

lotvic 20:54 18 May 2014

Might be something to do with certificates? ClickHere answers.microsoft.com

Grandad99 22:26 18 May 2014

Thanks lotvic. I followed this link but the final screen"other people" was empty.

I haven't heard of certificates before - does everyone have one? Are they a feature of WLM?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?