Windows live mail advice please

GBL 18:13 01 Apr 2010

How do I select which signature to add to messages in OE I just selected signature and then I could chose which one to add, I can't get my head around Windows Live, it always uses the default regardless of having others in the file.

Sea Urchin 18:55 01 Apr 2010

Set your signatures up in Tools - Options - Signatures tab. Then when writing your message go to Insert - Signature and select the signature you want to use.

GBL 19:12 01 Apr 2010

That is what I do but it still inserts the default and will not let me choose which one I want.

GBL 19:15 01 Apr 2010

Should have said this is on reply messages not new ones. I have it set to do not add signatures to replies or forwards as I do not want them on forwarded messages.

Sea Urchin 19:19 01 Apr 2010

When you click on Insert and Signature in the message do you have the various options displayed?

Possibly you have the wrong box checked. Go to Tools - Options - Signatures tab and make sure the box beside Add Signatures to all outgoing messages is NOT ticked - click Apply and OK.

GBL 19:24 01 Apr 2010

Itwas ticked and I have not taken that off, but when I reply to a message it doesn't allow me to choose which one it inserts the default

Sea Urchin 19:43 01 Apr 2010

Sorry - didn't see your posting about replies. On replies unfortunately you can only select the default signature.

GBL 19:55 01 Apr 2010

That would explain it, thanks. Shame MS don't ask users what they want.
Take care.

Sea Urchin 20:18 01 Apr 2010

Yes, it seems to be a backward step

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?