windows live hotmail problem logging in

chrisjohn 10:35 12 Aug 2008

every thing was ok till about a week ago cant log onto the program only classic version works,but even then some of the options dont work like accesing junk mail,i have reinstalled program but still the same i am using vista any ideas thanks.

chrisjohn 14:00 12 Aug 2008

refresh

Ditch999 14:35 12 Aug 2008

From the Live Help section

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. Follow the steps for your browser:
* If you have Internet Explorer 6, do the following:
1. On the General tab, click Delete Cookies, and then click OK.
2. Click Delete Files, select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK. It may take several minutes for the files to be deleted.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Restore Defaults.
* If you have Internet Explorer 7, do the following:
1. Under Browsing history, click Delete.
2. In the Delete Browsing History window, click Delete all, and then click Yes. It may take several minutes for the files to be deleted.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Restore advanced settings.
3. Click the Security tab, click the Internet icon, click Default Level, and then click Apply. Repeat this step for the Restricted and the Trusted zones.
4. Click Trusted Sites, click Sites, and then clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
5. Under Add this Web site to the zone, type *.hotmail.com, and then click Add. Do the same for *.passport.com, *.live.com, and *.msn.com, and then click OK in Internet Explorer 6, or click Close in Internet Explorer 7.
6. Click the Privacy tab, and then click Sites.
7. Under Address of Web site, type *.hotmail.com, and then click Allow. Do the same for *.passport.com, *.live.com, and *.msn.com, and then click OK.
8. Click OK.

Ditch999 14:36 12 Aug 2008

Reregister the required security and encryption files on your computer.

1. In Windows Vista, click the Start button, and then click in the Start Search box.
2. Type regsvr32 softpub.dll, and then press ENTER.
3. Click OK.
4. Repeat these steps for regsvr32 wintrust.dll and regsvr32 initpki.dll.

Ditch999 14:37 12 Aug 2008

Add *.live.com, *.passport.com, *.hotmail.com, and *.msn.com to the list of safe domains (The part of an e-mail address that follows the @ sign, such as msn or hotmail.) in your firewall, pop-up blocker, and antivirus software.

chrisjohn 15:46 12 Aug 2008

ok thanks done all that but still does not workregsvr32 wintrust.dll and regsvr32 initpki.dll.these files can not be found

chrisjohn 15:50 12 Aug 2008

oh yer i am using norton 360

chrisjohn 16:14 12 Aug 2008

using another laptop at home their is no problem so it must be something on my laptop i am using vista premium and fire fov v2

Ditch999 16:33 12 Aug 2008

Try it with your firewall switched off to see if it works ok. If it does you need to reconfigure your firewall to allow access to *.live.com, *.passport.com, *.hotmail.com, and *.msn.com
You will also need to open the ports that it uses.

Ditch999 16:35 12 Aug 2008

"regsvr32 wintrust.dll and regsvr32 initpki.dll.these files can not be found"

Did you install as Administrator ie R click the Windows Live installer and click Run as Administrator

chrisjohn 17:15 12 Aug 2008

yer thanx still same when i log onto hotmail it just sits their trying to load and says try classic version which works ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache