windows live calendar problem

Boy Zone 16:22 26 Jan 2009

HI,
When ever I go into my Email using Windows Live Mail, it keeps updating my calendar which takes ages, and I mean ages.
Can I disable the calendars or is there something else I can do?
It seems to stop my PC from working.
I'm using windows XP with SP 3

Sea Urchin 17:27 26 Jan 2009

I use WLM but don't have the calendar - it was an optional download which I refused. This link seems to describe the problem you are having, but it's not very encouraging

click here

Boy Zone 19:25 26 Jan 2009

seems a real mess this one, come on MS get your act together and resolve it.

Boy Zone 19:48 27 Jan 2009

has no one got a fix for this problem?

It causes the PC to freeze and you can't get out of the program other than shut down PC.
Can I delete the calendar from WLM?

Help required...

Sea Urchin 21:14 27 Jan 2009

In my previous link it was made pretty clear that there was no way to delete the calendar. Did you download the calendar separately, or was it part of WLM? Which version are you using? I would suggest you uninstall and then reinstall an older version. As I said before mine does not have a calendar.

bluto1 21:51 27 Jan 2009

I agree with Sea Urchin. Uninstall and reinstall WLM refusing the calendar.

Boy Zone 22:19 27 Jan 2009

I'll ry this option, thanks

J B 08:30 28 Jan 2009

noted. J.B.

anskyber 08:40 28 Jan 2009

I think that it was possible to download separately but the calendar feature is now integrated with Mail.

Sea Urchin 11:30 28 Jan 2009

That's why I suggested going back to an older version - I have Version 2008 (Build 12.0.1606) which does not contain the calendar.

J B 13:28 28 Jan 2009

There is a temporary fix, the only thing is that you have to press F-5 to check email. Go to tools > Options > General and uncheck the following,Send and recieve messages at start-up, and Check for messages every ? Minutes. This will stop the program trying to connect with the server. Nothing has been done by MS so do this until it has and MS pulls their finger out. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?