Windows Journal Viewer problem

Moominpapa 16:53 09 Oct 2003

I'm just gone to XP (with a new computer to boot) and attempted to download Acrobat 6.0. Acrobat appears to download OK and install itself, but when I try open it, I get an error message from Journal Viewer that it needs a file called "microsoft windows journal viewer.msi". I then get stuck in a death loop that can only be resolved by switching off. I don't have the file and it doesn't appear to be on my installation disks (which are all over-the-counter and registered etc, by the way). Can anyone help out?

PSF 16:56 09 Oct 2003

Have you run run Windows update as there was an update for Windows Journal Viewer.

Moominpapa 16:37 17 Oct 2003

I've just found out that this is a "fairly well known problem" with Acrobat 6 and Journal Viewer. The solution is to uninstall Journal Viewer! Thanks PSF

XP Nerd 14:17 07 Dec 2004

I have had exactly the same experience, as Moominpapa. As I am trying to use Adobe Reader 6.0 to read some oldish .pdf files, I took the decision to de-install Adobe Reader 6.0, and try to install Reader 5 instead, but now I can't find a copy; pdffactory.com can't help, and although one is shown on the Adobe web-site as a free download, I have not been able to download it; (in spite of what they say, perhaps its not freeware)XP Nerd still in the dark!

bretsky 15:19 07 Dec 2004

Read this thread click here

bretsky :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)