windows internet explorer won,t launch

martan 17:26 26 Nov 2013
Answered

hi all

i am having problems launching internet explorer i have tryed everything i know etc system restore and fix progammes but still cant get it to launch

i cant find anyway to uninstall it either so i can download it again can anybody suggest anything for me please

thank you

martyn

chub_tor 19:11 26 Nov 2013

You can download IE8 and 10 from here and IE 11 from here

michaelw 08:40 27 Nov 2013

If it's still not working, depending on your windows version, run sfc first, then a repair install.

martan 13:10 28 Nov 2013

thanks to you all for you help and suggestions

i have tryed them all but to no avail

i am running windows 7 home premium if that is any help that can get my internet explorer running again

anymore suggestions please would be most helpful

many thanks

martyn

Woolwell 16:52 28 Nov 2013

See if IE will work without any add-ons. Go to All Programs - Accessories - System Tools and choose Internet Explorer (no add-ons).

martan 18:01 28 Nov 2013
Answer

i have tried that as but had no success as well so i am at a lose at what to do

rdave13 20:00 28 Nov 2013

Boot to safe mode then try opening IE. If it opens then reset it and then run your security software still in safe mode. Reboot and see if it will now open.

martan 22:35 28 Nov 2013

thanks for that i have tried in safe mode but no joy so i give up now but thanks for the help everybody

rdave13 23:04 28 Nov 2013

Well, you can try creating a new profile/ account and see if it works then. If not then backup all docs, photos, music, browser favs ..etc. then reinstall the OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?