Windows Installer problems

TheGnome 13:19 25 Feb 2007

Can anybody help, please? I installed Serif MoviePlus5 recently only to find out that it will not run on Win ME. I removed it and now I want to reinstall MoviePlus4 which I had before. The problem is that after a few seconds, after the set-up has indicated that it is configuring Windows Installer, I get the message "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." I have tried all the suggested remedies on this forum, but none of them have helped. Also, I notice that if I use MS Word, when I close it, it always asks me if I want to save, even though no changes have been made. It didn't do this before, I'm sure. Could there be a connection between this and the Installer problem? Any ideas gratefully accepted.

SANTOS7 13:26 25 Feb 2007

click here

click here

these may help, i would look at second link first..

TheGnome 11:54 26 Feb 2007

Thank you Santos.
I've tried those links, but the problem persists.
When I click on the downloaded Instmsia.exe, up comes a message "The specified service already exists." I have managed to install another application OK so I am now wondering if the MPlus4 CD is at fault in some way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?