windows installer and norton 2007

Beardie 10:32 23 Dec 2006

I am having problems installing norton internet security 2007. Symantec advised that there was a problem with windows installer and linked me to windows xpfixcrypto. I have followed all the instruction and reloaded installer but when I try to install norton a message still appears asking to install windows installer, I click ok the installer download runs then... nothing. Please help

sunny staines 11:59 23 Dec 2006

try temp unistall of windows defender and all other security programs. reboot then try and install nis2007. this was the advice i was given once installed i reinstalled defender and all other security prorams[spybot,spywareblaster,a2,ewido,superantispyware]

Beardie 13:12 23 Dec 2006

I have disabled all security programmes but still cannot get windows installer to work, (will not accept norton internet security - NB I uninstalled norton 2006 on the advise of symantec

sunny staines 14:56 23 Dec 2006

are you using the CD or a dowwnload? as one may be faulty

birdface 15:06 23 Dec 2006

Was this the one you installed,Dont know if there was a later one.click here

birdface 15:13 23 Dec 2006

Mind you, There have been a couple of up-dates on it, Have you tried Microsoft up-date see if you have any to download.

Beardie 15:19 23 Dec 2006

I am using a CD and have downloaded from the site buteman suggested , still no luck.
When I look in services, windows installer is listed as manual

birdface 09:02 24 Dec 2006

This is from a new thread this morning, may help. click here

Beardie 11:19 24 Dec 2006

I have installed the windows installer clean-up tool from ms ("msicuu2") but when I try to run it, the message - windows installer service could not accessed appears.
I have tried to run msiexec as directed by MS, but the message cannot find appears. A search reveals it in system 32.
It has been suggested that I reinstall XP, but the Acer computer I have came with this preloaded
and no disk, how do I reload XP
Any help appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?