Windows installer - irritating message

Super Frankie Lamps 20:44 26 Jun 2006

every time i turn on my pc i get the message "Norton antivirus 2005 does not support the Repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall"

If i click ok this message will appear a further 2 times, and whilst it doesn't apparently effect the working of my pc. it is a little annoying. My Norton was upgraded as a download so i don't have a disk to reinstall it. Any ideas on how to remove this message please?

Jackcoms 20:46 26 Jun 2006

Yes, un-install NAV and get a decent free AV program such as click here

Super Frankie Lamps 20:47 26 Jun 2006

sorry, just noticed i also get another message that was hidden behind the norton one. it comes up first and reads "please wait while windows configures norton antivirus 2005"

Super Frankie Lamps 20:48 26 Jun 2006

thanks but as i have paid for NAV i was hoping for a little useful help as to how to sort out this problem and keep norton

Jackcoms 20:54 26 Jun 2006

My advice was helpful.

However, as you've already wasted your money on buying an AV program when there are plenty of free ones click here

Diversion 21:09 26 Jun 2006

You could download the latest edition from Symantec seen as you have paid for it save it as a file, then uninstall the corrupt version and install the new version and it should have any updates included in the downloaded file.

Super Frankie Lamps 21:10 26 Jun 2006

thanks for the second bit of advice Jackcoms - worked first time, problem solved. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?