Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

provider 2 12:16 15 Jan 2007

Does anyone have any experience of using this utility? click here I`m hoping to use it to stop Msinstaller tring to load "FAX" every time I switch on my HP 1410 printer(all-in-one). It persists in searching for a file that does not exist.

VoG II 12:21 15 Jan 2007

I've used it successfully to overcome problems with an Office installation but I'm not sure if it will help with your problem.

birdface 12:31 15 Jan 2007

I agree with Vog, Dont think it will shift it,But you can always try.

provider 2 12:34 15 Jan 2007

Thanks VoG. It`s more an irritation than anything else since I can press the cancel button and the print program seems to load successfully anyway. Still, it shouldn`t be happening after an uninstall and reinstall of the printer software, should it? However, the warning "caution is advised" with this utility has made me hesitate to use it.

provider 2 12:41 15 Jan 2007

`Morning buteman. HP help and support has pointed me towards a multistage uninstall routine which makes me think their own uninstall(which comes with the software disc) may not be too effective.

birdface 12:43 15 Jan 2007

You could delete your all in one printer from add remove,Then run Clean Up or C Cleaner,If your All in one is a lexmark, It probably has a fax program with it,I know mine does, then you would have to reinstall your printer again.

provider 2 12:58 15 Jan 2007

Can`t help thinking it might be a registry error, but I have successfully run sfc /scannow, and that seems to be OK.

VoG II 13:01 15 Jan 2007

SFC won't detect or repair registry errors. Try click here

provider 2 15:14 15 Jan 2007

Hesitating over this one too, VoG. Have you seen this?click here

VoG II 15:17 15 Jan 2007

Yes but you could give the free one a go.

provider 2 15:23 15 Jan 2007

Could do, but my problem is I`don`t have the knowledge or skill to fix things should I encounter the kind of horrendous problems these users have reported.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires