,"Windows has blocked this software.....

Dirty Dick 16:47 05 Aug 2007

... because it can't verify the publisher" is the dialogue that pops up. I have designed a website for a friend, and one one page I have installed an "animated marquee". I used to run Windows XP, but have just upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate. There was no problem when I was running XP.

When I open this page on the website, the info bar at the top opens asking for me to install "Active X", I click on the bar to accept, but another dialogue box pops up,"Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher" amd the only option is to click ok, and I can't get the webpage to show all the content. I think there must be something in the IE tools, and internet otions, but I can't seem to work it out. Any ideas please

Sorry , but I have posted in the Helproom, but I have tried all those ideas

DD

mco 19:03 08 Aug 2007

I would really suggest to you that, rather than trying to solve the problem you ditch the animaed marquee - partly because they are a bit outdated but mainly because if you have problems with it then others will have problems with it and it will put them off the site.

Dirty Dick 14:51 09 Aug 2007

Thanx for your reply.

I think we will be ditching the "scrolling marquues", but I would still like to know why they can't be viewed.

If the "scrolling marquees are a bit outdated, what would you use to be eyecatching?

DD

brundle 15:36 11 Aug 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone