Windows firewall problem

sawuk 23:09 03 Dec 2008

My kids PC in their bedroom is on the home network and was accesible until now. I normally transfer data between the pc's in the house and the only one not allowing access is the kids. I looked in the firewall settings on their pc and noticed something very strange.

I get the security popup saying to enable fireall and when i try its just grey and I cant choose any buttons or exections or nothing. I have never seen this before and wondered what has happened, any ideas please?

brundle 23:16 03 Dec 2008
  sawuk 23:34 03 Dec 2008

I tried the 1st solution in the link brundle and did not work, i tried the 2nd one and it comes up with an error message saying

"ERROR IN SETUPAPI Missing entry:installhinfsection"

What does that mean?

brundle 23:49 03 Dec 2008

Not sure, you could try this;

click here

sawuk 01:25 04 Dec 2008

Right, I have tried the second solution and now the Firewall is on but still greyed out and the group policy settings within firewall settings are all set to NO. I can see the kids PC from my laptop but cant acess it...saying "access is denied as login type incorrect" or similar to that when i try and access the kids PC

sawuk 11:14 04 Dec 2008

This is what it says when i try and connect to the kids PC.

\\children is not accessible.you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

Logon failure:the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong. Thanks

Stuartli 11:20 04 Dec 2008

Has any form of parental control been configured?

Stuartli 11:21 04 Dec 2008

Youngsters are often pretty clever at overriding such measures.....

sawuk 12:06 04 Dec 2008

no they have'nt...checked for that sort of thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone