Windows firewall

gavinhodges00 12:31 13 Jan 2009

I want to know how i can use windows firewall in windows vista.

Thanks

provider 2 12:44 13 Jan 2009

Have a look at this video tutorial:

click here

tullie 22:41 13 Jan 2009

Personnely i wouldent rely on it,opinions differ of course.

gavinhodges00 11:16 14 Jan 2009

windows vista firewall is by default turned on , i don't want to change the default settings , is it secure to do online shopping.

User-1229748 11:51 14 Jan 2009

by default the vista firewall only gives inbound protection,it has to be configured to give outbound protection.hopefully someone can give advice or point you to a tutorial that can show you how to do it.i would not do online shopping without outbound protection.there are also plenty of free firewalls that will give outbound protection by default,this post by skidzy will point you in the right direction.click here

provider 2 12:35 14 Jan 2009

As smackheadz says, and I think configuring the Vista firewall is a bit difficult unless you know your way around this kind of stuff:

click here

Have a look at skidzy`s recommendations. All need to be configured, of course, but some are a lot easier than others.

mrwoowoo 17:00 14 Jan 2009

If you have a router ,then the inbuilt firewall in that will offer you in and outbound proctection.

Miké 20:37 14 Jan 2009

To make using the Vista firewall easy look here click here no need for anything else, gives you a popup to allow/disallow network connection as programs ask for a network connection. You only need the free version.

bremner 21:18 14 Jan 2009

Have a look at a review from a PCA sister site click here

gavinhodges00 13:12 15 Jan 2009

Thanks a lot for the lot of information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires