Windows explorer stopped working (culprit mp4splitter.ax)

bluemoon69 22:28 15 May 2012

Hi my windows explorer stops working when i am, it seems just in my downloads. Now i have been into Report and Problems and says the following...

Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Application Timestamp: 49e01da5 Fault Module Name: mp4splitter.ax Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.23 Fault Module Timestamp: 44c0301e Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0001fda6 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: fd00 Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160 Additional Information 3: fd00 Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

So by reading the above seems as.....culprit mp4splitter.ax is the problem. Now i have done a search and came up with nothing and hence am now stuck. So hopefully someone will know what that is. Kind regards and many thanks in advance. Cheers peeps :)

KRONOS the First 23:48 15 May 2012

You will not find a program called mp4splitter.ax as it is a codec. Have a look here Codec. and a bit more info here Info.

bluemoon69 00:06 16 May 2012

Cheers Chronus. Do i need to download the codec then as i had a similar prob last month with ffdshow and downloaded that codec and seems ok since until now with this one. Also why all of a sudden am i getting these probs with the codec's crashing windows explorer. Cheers mate i will await your reply before i go head and download just in case. Once again cheers bud for your reply.

bluemoon69 00:12 16 May 2012

@ Chronus. Did't see the other link you put :) just checked it out but the only recent app i have installed was trivial pursuit!! So after reading that im a tad lost on what to do and what app it is installed to Cheers mate.

KRONOS the First 05:11 16 May 2012

Unless you can Identify the software that needs this process and I accept this might be difficult then I would just go ahead with my first link., though you might want to leave it till later today just in case someone else has a better idea and it will give me time to research this further.

bluemoon69 13:20 16 May 2012

Cheers Chronus. I will hang off for a bit. I have tried to look and see what program it could be and the only thing i have used just prior to this starting was i downloaded a series onto BBC iPlayer, but would not think that to be the prob. Then i may be wrong :) Cheers mate.

bluemoon69 13:54 16 May 2012

Hi Chronus. I have searched and searched.......and finally, i think i have found what program uses it.......Arcsoft, has been installed for a long time, so as i had even forgot it was on here and do not use it. So i will go a head and revo-uninstall it. Unless you think other wise. I will let you all know the out come and will leave this thread open for a few days to be sure. Cheers Chronus and let me know if you think this is the culprit.......cheers mate.

KRONOS the First 16:44 16 May 2012

I am sorry I did not get back to you,got my new GTX 670 and 700W PSU today and have spent the afternoon changing out components and things never go smoothly, as you one problem after another. But finally sorted.

I would get rid of Arcsoft and see if that cures your problem,if not we can go back to plan A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?