Windows Explorer files not available

Aquarrian 12:27 15 Jan 2006

Hi. Computer was working Ok until a reboot. Windows would not close down needing a manual reboot. Taskbar initially would not load. Reboot cured this. I cannot now access any files in Windows Explorer only my document directory. I load Paintshop Pro and when trying to access directories informs me that another program has access and I need to close it down. No other program is running. Several reboots do not clear the problem and System Restore tells me there are no changes from the present. Norton WinDoctor and Ad-Aware both lock up when I try to run them. Has this happened to anybody else and can they help. Terry

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:31 15 Jan 2006

Boot into safe mode and run adaware from there.

G

Aquarrian 13:55 15 Jan 2006

Hi. Thanks Gandalf. When I boot into safe mode i receive the following in a scrolling text. "Multi(0)Disk(0)rdisk(0)Partition(1)\Windows\System32\Driver\*.sys" Various .sys files are listed. I have checked in Partition Magic and all partitions are being shown. I have tried Safe Mode and Safe maode with command prompt and get the same message. Anything else I can try?

Aquarrian 15:20 15 Jan 2006

Hi again Gandalf.
I reinstalled Nero 6 last night after having problems with v7. I installed a program called InCD and it placed a file in my startup. I disabled this file in MSCONFIG and the system now appears to be working normally. Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?