Windows Explorer Error

Joe R 20:06 30 Apr 2006

Hi all,
Over the last two days, I have been having problems with windows explorer, and video files.

The first problem came when After splitting and editing video files, from various camcorder tapes, I was going to open one of the files, but when I hovered the mouse over the file, A window appeared, saying that Data Prevention Execution was closing windows explorer.

After a little bit of googling, I found out how to turn off explorer in "DPE", and all seemed to be back to normal. However when doing a bit of editing earlier, the same problem has arisen, only this time, it is explorer that is closing itself down, with the following error: AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Modname: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000

It only happens with video files, and with the exception of DVD video files, Avi, Mpeg and Wmv all seem to have certain files that cause the problem. By this I mean it is intermittent.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any info which may help.?

P.s. I run Avast, Zonealarm, Spybot, Adaware & Sywareblaster, and all are up to date, and report no problems.

VoG II 20:08 30 Apr 2006

Probably worth running the System File Checker in the first instance click here

Joe R 20:48 30 Apr 2006

VoG™,

thanks for the link, but i've run sfc, and all is ok, on that front.

anyone else any ideas, I don't really want to do a format, as I would need to set up my network again.

Joe R 21:10 30 Apr 2006

Now it is also affecting Media Player 10.

VoG II 21:15 30 Apr 2006

click here possibly???

Joe R 21:23 30 Apr 2006

VoG™,

Thank you for your replies, but it is persisting still.

Format coming up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?