Windows Explorer constantly refreshing

Adnan 18:54 28 Jul 2004

This has been mentioned in a previous post

click here

Windows Explorer constantly refreshes and there's an extra system folder called Image Folder which can't be deleted. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling paintshop pro but this hasn't fixed things.

Running XP home, 2600 Athlon, 120Gb HD, 512Mb RAM, and have run Adaware, Spybot, Norton AV 2003, sfc /scannow and chkdsk.

Dorsai 19:20 28 Jul 2004

I had this happen to me when i tried to visit a web site to buy some PC bits from an online company. I just clicked on 'stop' on IE's tool bar, and deleted the last bit of the URL address down to the last
so if 'www. place. co. uk\ here\ here\ and so on'

(spaces added to stop a 'click here' appearing.)

i just deleted the '\ and so on'

Adnan 22:28 28 Jul 2004

Dorsai- thanks but I meant Windows Explorer (as in start/all programs/accessories/) not Internet Explorer.

If I can't find an easy way to fix this, what's the best thing to do:
1. Go back to the my last backup (6 weeks ago, definitely before this happened)
2. Do a reinstallation of XP?

GaT7 22:42 28 Jul 2004

To delete the stubborn Image Folder try the tips here - click here. It appears to be created by PSPro, so removing it may involve reinstalling PSPro(?) Also, it may be automatically re-created on reboot, & take you round in a neverending loop! But may be worth doing if it's something you haven't tried yet. Good luck, G

Adnan 00:06 29 Jul 2004

I'm a fool. I hadn't tried a system restore, just tried it and problem solved. Will reinstall PSPro to be on the safe side.

Apologies for the hassle & thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?