Windows Explorer Bug - Files going Invisible?

xLiaMz 13:16 14 Feb 2015

So after some time my windows explorer breaks, at the top the green loading bar keeps going and never finishes then my files go invisible, if I close the explorer and open it back up all of my pinned files on the left disappear and only leaves, Home Group, Libraries and Favourites.

I'm using Windows 7 to fix the problem I restart the PC, which obviously isn't a good fix.

rdave13 14:49 14 Feb 2015

Try running the system file checker click here , more info here.

xLiaMz 15:43 14 Feb 2015

I got these errors, could these be causing my problem? click here this is what happens - click here if I close and re-open this happens - click here

Also then

rdave13 16:26 14 Feb 2015

Pointing towards installed software. Mfc90enu.dll file associated with AutoCAD? Try running the sys file checker a few more times after you run your security programs.

If the machine is clean the Microsoft site suggests you run SFC in safe mode.

xLiaMz 16:50 14 Feb 2015

So I should just keep running the sfc? What should I do if that doesn't fix it? I've tried using 2 restore points and both give an error... one is this, I turned off Avast before starting - click here

:S

rdave13 17:15 14 Feb 2015

Run it a couple of times again. Have you run your security programs? Tried SFC in safe mode? Last resort would be a system repair , but even that has risks.

Sometimes it's faster to back up all your data and do a fresh install. You have backed up all of your data?

1]: [click here

rdave13 17:22 14 Feb 2015

One other thing to try. Avast might have become corrupted via an update. Use their removal tool in safe mode, Full info here , that will at least prove or not it's Avast causing it.

xLiaMz 00:49 15 Feb 2015

Thanks for your help, in the end I decided to just re-install windows, haven't done it in a while anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?