Windows Explorer 7 ?

night 08:00 03 Jun 2006

I have downloaded the new Explorer 7 but as yet have not run it, can anyone tell me if all is well with it? or is it better to stay with Explorer 6.

€dstowe 08:07 03 Jun 2006

Assuming you mean Internet Explorer 7 (Windows Explorer is something different). This program is still a beta (in testing) version so it offers no assurance that it will work correctly or be compatible with all the things that the current version is capable of. I have heard of a couple of programs which don't function properly with IE7.

In my view, leave it until it is officially launched.

wolfie3000 08:09 03 Jun 2006

personally i wont touch any program with the word beta in it, a few in the forum have had problems but many have found it usefull.

night 08:17 03 Jun 2006

Many thanks for your replies good sound advice Thanks

Arnie 09:08 03 Jun 2006

Regardless of some negative reviews, I'm staying with FIrefox.

€dstowe 09:26 03 Jun 2006

We have most browsers installed for website testing but the one I use for everyday use is, like Arnie, Firefox.

sunny staines 10:30 03 Jun 2006

got ie7, find it very good. only cons no email link, and you have to use the keyboard to copy paste web links.

Taff™ 10:36 03 Jun 2006

I installed the beta from an included Cd - Special Edition of another magazine with a comprehensive Guide £7.99 - hit the newstands last weekend. Well worth the money because the guide is written in plain language!

Very impressed, definate improvement and only minor problems visiting some sites with layout. Don`t think I`ll be going back to version 6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone