Windows error number 0x80245003

naviator 23:53 26 Jun 2007

When using Internet Explorer or Outlook Express I often get an error message stating in effect that a problem has been encountered and that whatever I am doing will be closed down. This leaves me back on the Desktop. MS informs me that it is a Windows problem numbered as above for which they have as yet no answer. My machine automatically updates each day from MS and is similarly scanned by AVG every time the machine is switched on. I am using Windows XP Home which otherwise gives very little trouble. I would be interested to learn if anyone else has encountered this particular problem which is, to say the least, very irritating when it does occur.

johnnyrocker 23:58 26 Jun 2007

click here=

johnny.

Stuartli 00:20 27 Jun 2007
  naviator 00:44 27 Jun 2007

Thank you both for your responses. I should, perhaps, amplify my main message a little more. The error message appears not when I am trying to update but when I start to TYPE an e-mail or a response on the WWW. If I then select the explanation button before reporting the error, the above error number comes up plus a statement that it has not yet been resolved by MS.

Stuartli 09:49 27 Jun 2007

If you return to the first link I provided you'll notice that there is a workaround to the problem.

Have you tried it?

Operating systems are strange beasts....

naviator 17:52 27 Jun 2007

Thank you Stuartli. I carried out the procedure and reached the download page. However after "Downloading 100%..." had been on screen for some time another error message appeared from the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services window but with a number (0x8DDD0004) - different from the one originally encounterd! After much fiddling around - re-starting and whatever - I regained the screen but this time a notice appeared at the top to say an ActiveX file must be downloaded before anything more could happen. After this was done everything went back on track, Auto Download was stated to be on and six or seven items for the current month were successfully downloaded. All now seems back to square one - I hope. Have gone on at length in case the additional information is of use to anyone else should the same thing happen to them. Thank you. I'm much obliged to you.

Stuartli 17:57 27 Jun 2007

Glad it's resolved. I wonder if it's anything to do with the recently updated WGA?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?